Some of our volunteers have written about their experiences, and there have also been accounts of journeys published in the press. Extracts from this material will give you some idea of what our journeys are like for those who take part in them, and the conditions in Sinai for the local community.
The statements in these documents represent the personal views of the writer, and do not necessarily represent the official policy or position of the Makhad Trust on any of the issues to which they relate.
The poet Jay Ramsey went to Sinai in March 2010 on a retreat organised by Makhad Journeys and wrote a series of poems. The series of poems SINAI desert fast and desert feast was written after this journey. Please click on the link to read them.
If you would like a signed copy of Jay Ramsay's new book PLACES OF TRUTH (Awen, 2012: launched on the Winter Solstice), please send him a cheque for £12 to: 5 Oxford Terrace, Uplands, Stroud, Glos GL5 1TW—and he will get it straight off to you...
- Sinai Public Health - Jamie Odden
- Meeting the Moment
- Jonathan Shmulevitch, Newent Community School Journey
- Elizabeth Crawford, Waldorf College Journey
- Mandy Drummond, with her husband and 2 daughters, aged 9 and 7
- Cath Barton, Garden Working Party
- Charles Dick-Hutchinson, Waldorf College Journey